Imagine getting tickets to see your favorite NFL team play.
You’ve invested your hard-earned money to buy the tickets, you arrive at the stadium, find your seats and anxiously await the moment when they’ll take the field for kick off. Excitement swells inside of you when they walk onto the field. They huddle up. You slide forward in your seat. Nothing happens. The only thing your beloved team does all night long is stand on the field in a huddle.*
Can you imagine your frustration level?
Did you ever wonder what God thinks when He sees His children sitting in church, worshipping His name, and reading their Bibles, but never doing anything with it?
You and I have full access to the playbook and the Coach, but do we get out of our holy huddle and put our skin in the game?
That’s what Imagine is all about.
We believe God was serious when He said, “Love your neighbor”.
We believe He left us here on earth to be His hands and feet.
We believe the world desperately needs followers of Jesus to live out His love.
Imagine: Living Out an Extraordinary Calling to Love
It’s not an ordinary conference. It’s something much larger. We believe that God wants to do something big in our city, our nation, and our world, and we invite you to pray with us.
In the remaining days leading up to the Imagine Conference, would you get in the game and pray with us?
1. Praise for the hundreds of individuals already registered to attend the conference and for the hundred plus speakers, volunteers, & exhibitors committing their time to the conference.
2. Pray that the Holy Spirit would fill the building and the hearts of each person attending with unity. Pray that He would speak one thing to each person and for them to obey. Pray that friendships and partnerships would grow that multiply the fruits of our efforts.
3. Pray that every pastor, leader, and individual already engaged in this front-lines love-your-neighbor work would be encouraged and equipped to continue in that to which the Lord has called them.
4. Pray for logistics, clarity and wisdom for every speaker presenting over the two days.
5. Pray that God would move on the hearts of every person He wants to be in attendance and make a way for them to be there.
6. Pray that all that happens over November 10th and 11th would bring glory to our Lord and King!
Thank you for joining with us! We can’t wait to see you on Friday!
The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
James 5:16, NLT
*Illustration courtesy of Priscilla Shirer
**Registration for the Imagine Conference closes November 8, so don’t wait!
Erin Brothers, Co-Director, OrphanCare Ministry of North Way Christian Community